Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Breathing new life

I finally kicked the blog over to the other account as you may notice by the picture in the avatar. Pal is moving the other direction now.  I still have the old account and if I can EVER ditch the extra gmail account, I may put it back on here. I don't hold out much hope for that happening though....  Google help, really isn't and they seem to not really give a crap about their users.  

There is still plenty of grooming tips and things to discuss so why not resurrect the dead and breathe some new life back into this thing?  Kind of funny since I just read today that Cathy Atkinson is offering up for sale her blog Fugly Horse of the Day and that is where many of us first met online.

Since I have begun driving Kat and gotten the cart and a harness to use in getting Pal & Mommy Mare started in harness- braiding will be on course for posting about since it seems to be a requirement for the proper turnout in competition. It neatens the appearance of the overall picture and shows you put forth your best effort in making sure you are ready to go in the ring.  Of course there are a few different types of braids to cover and they why's and how to for each one. 

Driving horses never have their tails braided, but hunters do so I will go over that as well.  This weekend will be a busy one for me, getting pictures to put up on both blogs covering both braiding and their training in progress. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey CNJ, glad to see you back.

    Missed you and will be glad to have your expertise and sense of humor back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alrighty then , get at it girl! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CCC- I've always been here, just changed things up for a little while...

    FV- I gotta do it, huh?

    I still haven't gotten anywhere with getting the extra email account removed though. Google help SUCKS in that respect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google help sucks, but if you google your problem, you can usually find non-google sites that have the answers. Weird but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sprinkler Bandit- I will try that. Hell at this point, I am up for anything that works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! :-)
    Braiding: GOD I SUCK AT HUNTER BRAIDS. I can do an Andalusian Roll, and tails aren't too bad.

    What up with banding in stock horses? Sometimes it looks OK, and does give a nice, finished appearance, but it seems antithetical to the whole cowboy ethic.

    Oh wait. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. CP- I'm admittedly not the best at it, but with practice you do improve. Obviously no pic's of braiding over the weekend. I will try to do better this weekend.

    ReplyDelete