Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Words of Wisdom

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." Dr. Maya Angelou

Boy ain't that the truth. I recently had dealings with a local tack shop owner. I was going to consign one of my saddles and a few other things. Made arrangements to take everything over to him and it seemed promising. Or so I thought...

Speaking to him I was told he used to do hauling and yes he knew some of the same people I do from back then. Then he said something that in hindsight is a huge Red Flag and I should have left then and there! When he decided to get out of hauling, he decided mid-trip and at that point he did not care if this horse ever made it to their new home.

So if he didn't care if the horse ever made it home- I'm supposed to trust him with my tack??? I should have turned and run.

Fast forward about 6 months. After countless empty promises to get everything posted on their website, (still minimal items posted to date) and even placing an order with them for 4 items- they cancelled all but one with no explanation why- I decided to bring my stuff home. F that! I can post or list it and sell it myself online.

The drama begins... Supposedly posted store hours mean nothing. "I'm not there today, but you can come by tomorrow" - when they're closed. Ok what time? Crickets.....

The following weekend- I'm going to be headed that way and will come pick up my stuff. Please have it available. Again a faux answer and ghosting. The following weekend there was more drama, my stuff was still not ready and I called for police assistance. Again store hours mean nothing, ignoring my text messages and repeated phone calls. And then came the barrage of replies....

I'm being aggressive, no need to get the cops involved, my stuff still wasn't ready, he can't just drop everything and cater to me, and on and on and on. Another friend of mine had some similar dealings with this same person. Unexplained cancelled orders, shipping charges when promised Free shipping, no credit or refund even offered for the charges, no reply when asking about the cancelled items or free shipping but an almost immediate response when my friend posted to her own FB page that she was looking to buy a turnout blanket...  "I have several, let me look in the shop tomorrow (when they're closed) and I'll let you know prices and sizes..."

It took a month to finally get all of my stuff back. I received an email that it would be ready on Friday the 1st of the month and I had exactly 1 week to pick it up or it was considered Abandoned Property and belonged to him. I was only allowed on the property one time to pick up my things and after that I would be considered trespassing and He would be calling the cops. Oh and again- Saturday posted store hours meant nothing, he couldn't possibly be bothered to be there so my things were to be in the nearby office and I was to get everything from them.

I got all but one item back. There was a note on the list in the bag stating that he *thought* this item may have sold and if so, he would send me a check. Yeah I rolled my eyes too. No I still have not received a check and yes, it's worth it Not to have to deal with that person anymore. So far my dealings with people with his same first name- they're serious whack jobs. That's another big Red Flag.

2 comments:

  1. SHIIIT!!! I seriously hate people like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do people have to be this way? Very true on the quote though and the red flag. Live and learn, I guess.

    ReplyDelete