Sunday, November 8, 2020

Perks 2.0

I got a couple of the stall mats the other night.... 

I got two of them to start. When I get two more I will turn them and cut off the excess so it will be solid mats all the way across. When the other boarder showed up the next night he was asking how on earth I had wrangled those suckers into the aisle? They're Heavy! He's a tall, stronger guy and I guess he didn't figure my size and grit too well. Lol 

Ummm getting them Out of the truck was the easy part! Gravity and backing the truck up to where I wanted them made it simple to move them. Just slide them out and they're already in place for the most part. Getting them up Into the truck was a different story. Because they're so freaking heavy.

The barn owner decided to fix up the floors in the feed and tack rooms. He had started at the other end of the barn since its empty. That meant I needed to move all of my stuff so he could fix the floors. Last week I moved my feed. I thought I was down to 4 bales of hay and it turns out I have 5. Bonus! But I had just bought alfalfa pellets the night before so I had to move them- Again. Wish I had known before buying them. Lol 

But this? This is Totally Worth It! No more wood floors. This is my feed room. Just gotta wait for the concrete to set up and then I can move it all back down to the front of the barn. 


This is the tack room next to mine. Concrete has set up a bit more already. 

It would have been nice being able to just move everything to the next door down, but it's all good. I got everything moved and the BO will be able to make the changes needed. Some are getting concrete and others are getting the wood floors fixed up for now. Besides, with what's to come- it's a Good thing I didn't move everything one space over. 

I'm feeling kind of spoiled at this barn. It's nice having a barn owner who takes things seriously and not only has a clean facility, but puts work into it and takes care of everything. While it's nice to have other boarders to talk to and people to ride or maybe show with- its just as nice Not having their damn drama.  It's so nice being drama free. Such a difference! 


This is my tack room the night it was poured waiting for the concrete to set up. I'm looking forward to putting everything back in and already have an idea of how I'm going to rearrange it. Then I got a text message saying I could move everything back into my tack/feed rooms.... But there were ants in my feed room all across the back and half way down the wall. So I sprayed them and got their nest. The next night there were several dead bugs in there, not just the ants. 

I figured- why not knock down all of the spider webs and have everything clean and ready to go. In the process I found 3 big, dark colored spiders. Not black widows as they were thicker and meatier built with a silver butt. They got sprayed too and as a friend used to say- "it knocked 'em deader 'an hell". 


This. shit. rocks! Kills on contact and keeps killing for up to 6 months. I don't remember which store I bought it at but holy crap. Totally worth the money. This stuff is why not only the ants were dead but the other bugs in my feed room were too. So I decided to knock down the spider webs and spray my tack room also. Why not? There's nothing in either one right now so it's easy peasy. 

The webs weren't all that bad but I must've found a roach nest because when I sprayed along the back wall.... They started coming out of everywhere and hiding anywhere they could find. I ended up spraying all around the bottom of the walls, up the corners, behind any studs going up the walls and the inside bottom of the door. I let the barn owner know I would be letting things air out for a couple-few more days and he's cool with that. 

As I was feeding and cleaning up, putting things away, etc. I kept seeing roaches coming out of my tack room. It's like there's a Mass Exodus going on in there. I counted at least 10 that had already fled, another 4 or 5 that made their way down to the other boarders stalls before we left and who knows how many more will come out of the woodwork while I'm not there. At least they won't get the idea they're welcome back any time soon. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment