Monday, December 21, 2020

Projects

At the new barn there is not really a place I can hang up the bags on the front of the stalls to keep the blankets in. I suppose I could attach them on the stall gates but it may not go over well with the barn owner. Hanging things on gates is asking for issues later on. Throwing blankets and sheets over the gate while the horse/pony are turned out is one thing, but leaving weight on the gate for longer periods of time leads to sagging and gates not closing properly. 

I needed something to hang the blankets and sheets on for storage but also give them a way to air out between uses. Since the blankets are short enough... I could make them a rack for in the tack room. 

I had previously bought 3 of these Hooks from Harbor Freight for $2 each. I was using 1 of them for the hose at the previous barn but hadn't figured out where or how I would use them at the new barn. Until now... I found a 4 foot length of 2x4 in the garage at home and measured out where I would place the 3 hooks on it. Marked out where the holes would go and drilled them, then screwed the Hang All hooks to the board. 


All marked and ready to be drilled. 


One of the hooks screwed onto my board. I was going to sand the board and paint it, but since the paint would need to dry and I needed to use this now- I decided I would wait on painting this until later.  


I used a couple of these utility hooks to hang it up tonight. I need to take the screw gun and level out and fix this, but for now it's up and being used. 

Since the blankets and sheets are sizes 58-60 and 68-70 they are hung up and don't quite reach the ground but the leg straps do. 


If I clipped the leg straps up it would be neater.... 

For now the blankets and sheets are all neatly hung up, each one has its own hook and yes I have a free shelf behind them for more stuff.  I may need another hook for more blankets, sheets and coolers. There is room to add one more Hang All on each end of the board for a total of 10 hooks. 

2 comments: