Sunday, January 30, 2022

The past is the past

Calling it Old Times makes it seem so far away. A few months ago a long time friend of mine came to visit for a few days. It was nice finally getting to meet her in person and we had a good time relaxing, talking ponies and boozing' in the pool. She definitely needs to come back and we're planning for me to visit her place. I would post pics but I respect her privacy and knowing there is one person still stalks here and there online, well yeah... 

Only recently I found out one of the old gang from back in the days of Fugly had passed last year. While we had not been close, I had chatted via email a few times with Cathy, aka Charles City Cat. RIP sweet lady. I found out via another blogger Go Lightly who has also been posting recently and had only found out herself not too long ago. I seen GL's blog in the sideline on Sherry's blog Fern Valley. 

Otherwise a lot of the blogs have gone silent, not posting for months or even years. A few of them taking it private and shutting out anyone who doesn't pat their back (or ass) and tell them "Good job" even when it isn't well deserved.  A few of them also stated - this will be my last post and here's why. I can respect that.

While this blog still has the views, the comments have gone silent. Looking back there have been no comments on the past several posts. Talking to Sherry the other day I told her that I have also considered taking this blog down. Some days I struggle to find something to post about. Other days I just don't have time and then there's days I just don't feel like it. 

We also talked about different bloggers we knew and spoke to often and then out of the blue, they ghosted us for whatever reason and that was that. Neither of us understand why but agree it is childish and a cowards way out. At least own it and say why. 

I recently ended a long time relationship with someone I had considered a really good friend. Things were said that were waaaay out of line and totally uncalled for. Of course I promptly called them out on it and no, there was No attempt at an apology. None. That tells me where I stand and that was that. Their last comment was that I am a very classy lady. At least they got that right! I agreed that I have class, because I could have easily said some equally insulting and hurtful things in response- but I didn't. I hadn't even considered it, because I don't do things like that to my friends. It does not make their initial statement any less bullshit than it is to begin with and only brings me down to their level. 

So almost a month into the new year and here we are. I'm looking back one last time before closing that door and looking forward to what life has to offer. Lots of things in store and changes to be made. I haven't chosen my new 'Word of the Year' yet, but I have a few I'm leaning towards. 



1 comment:

  1. I hear you, I just looked and it has been over a year since I posted on my blog. Not shutting it down, but I have considered it. I am glad we are still in touch

    ReplyDelete