Monday, September 3, 2018

Turn the page

I recently moved barns. The last one there was a LOT of drama an bullshit going on and as much as the barn owner said he doesn't tolerate drama, he was at the root of it.

There were a lot of colic's there and after my friend lost her pony, he never said a word to her about it. When I thought my mare was either foundered or navicular, he ran around telling everyone she fell in the pasture and got stuck in a small ditch that ran thru it. I was not supposed to tell people what I thought was going on and supposedly everyone was talking smack about my horse anyways. Really?

Then he sent out multiple text messages asking everyone for their email addresses. Nope. I did not respond. If he couldn't respect my privacy enough NOT to share my number and info with everyone at the barn and blow up my phone during the day while I was at work- he wasn't getting it. My phone was going off over and over with everyones emails coming back. The following day there was quite the buzz in the barn.

Supposedly the email "only applies to the New People", but he had no problem applying everything to everyone.

- If I were to sell one of my horses. help someone with training or bring someone in for lessons, he wanted 10%.
- If I were to bring in a horse as a 'flip project', he wanted 20%
- If I had the farier out, someone out for ddental care, massage therapy, Magnawave, etc. He wanted 10% of that too.

There was a lot more, but these were the main things on his list. Did I comply with any of this? Would you seriously expect me to?

There were other issues going on where he was making racial slurs and asking things that are none of his business. He never asked me anything about the other boarders because he knows I would tell him to go ask them ot its probably none of his business anyways. Of course when it was my turn to be the target of this bullshit, he asked everyone but me about these things, because he's just that way. Then last few weeks he has been telling his 'groupies' my mare needs a bullet in her head.  Again it's none of his business what I do with my horse and what difference is it to him?  If I want to put money into keeping her going or put her down- Its MY horse and MY decision.

Knowing my horses- my mare has been quite anxious and wound up lately at that barn. She didn't drink much in her stall, but as soon as she went out- straight to the water trough. When she went in the stall- first thing she did was piss it up. She no longer laid down to roll in her stall and she also started chasing all other horses away from my pony.

The new barn- they put a tractor bucket load of sand in the one stall to level it out before I got there. No more auto waterers- mosquito breeding grounds- so with new tubs my mare is drinking in her stall again. She can also put her head over the half wall between them and is right next to my little man. Instead of getting a wheel barrow of shavings and manure out of each stall- It doesn't even fill up half.

The stalls are light and airy, they are both relaxed and calm and my mare promptly laid down to roll when I put her in the stall. It's a good feeling knowing my horses are comfortable in their new surroundings.  The tack room situation leaves a bit to be desired, but I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment