Sunday, October 14, 2018

Louder than words

The new barn has been interesting and fun so far. Although I was assured there is "NO DRAMA" before moving, at the end of the first week there was a near Knock down, drag out in the aisle way. Two of the women got into it and were going at it at the other end of the barn. They nearly came to throwing blows. One of the women involved? You guessed it. The one who had assured me there is no drama.... the drama queen herself.

Fast forward 2-3 weeks. There's another woman at the barn- G - who has 1 horse and thinks she owns the place. She is hardly ever there, thankfully, but of the two times I have seen her, she runs her mouth and throws a temper tantrum. Apparently she has gone after just about everyone there and after seeing her the first time, I knew it was a matter of time until she took a shot at me.

One of the other women at the barn moved her horse to the stall next to G's horse, and subsequently the DQ moved G's feed box over more in front of her stall. There was a lot of ranting on the part of DQ about how she moved the box and didn't care if G liked it or not... Of course when G got there and threw a hissy fit, DQ said nothing. When G's tantrum was almost over, DQ approached her and said nothing about being the one to move her box. Clearly DQ is your friend as long as things benefit her. Duly noted.

Fast forward another week aaaaaaaand then G took her shot. I put my TB mare in the cross ties between her stall and mine. Oh. My. Gawd. You would think the world was about to end. She started squawking and bitching that I had to move my mare- it was upsetting her horse. I called bullshit. Her horse was standing there and hadn't moved. Mine was standing there not moving either.  I told her they were both fine, I've been tying her there for the past month and I was tacking her up.

More squawking....  and she calls the BO. (I swear she has the poor man on speed dial. LOL I've seen her do this before and it's nice to know she always has to run away and nark on people) I pay board here just like everyone else and have just as much right to use the facility as she does. More squawking and she tells me if I don't move my horse, she will do it FOR me. Yeah, We all know That went over well... Hahahahaha I quickly put her in her place and told her that would be a very Bad idea on her part and she made a hasty retreat. As Dena said once -> Well that went surprisingly well.... *snork*

One of the guys at the barn said he missed the whole thing and that would be better than any reality TV.  I apologized, Sorry to disappoint.  G may reconsider her position before taking another shot at me again but I won't be surprised if she does. I guess it's a matter of when?  Insert massive eyeroll.

3 comments:

  1. There was a canadian reality tv show all about a small boarding barn with drama called UnStable. I loved that show (my old barn was drama free at the time) then we moved to a bigger facility and egos exploded so yeah not as much fun to watch anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pay for a ringside seat to see that my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! I've boarded my horse and I have run two boarding stables. I did not allow that kind of drama-ever. Now I am lucky enough to keep my pony with a friend right next door.
    I am sure glad you put that G in her place. I hope she has the sense to stay there! If not, I'm sure it will be some interesting reading!

    ReplyDelete