Friday, March 1, 2019

Funny things

After a lot of thought and serious considerations, I decided to sell my TB mare. One of the farriers I used in the past has a TB stallion and he was interested in breeding her. I thought long and hard about it and honestly, I really don't want a racehorse so I offered him first dibs. I didn't hear anything back so I posted her ad online.



First there was the response from the person who has been jumping for 3 years and ready to buy their first horse. Um, no. Her knee does not make her a good candidate for jumping, at least not if you'd like her to remain sound. She's also not really suitable for a beginner, so I went back and included these things in the text. I also included some pic's.


Then came the reply from a woman in Washington  where she was bred. She had a horse of similar breeding and keeps an eye out for these horses. We have exchanged quite a few emails since. 
I didn't mention her age in the ad and then came the reply from a guy who is 'very interested'. He is looking for something under the age of 5. When I said that she's 20 he was pretty blown away. Judging from the pic's he thought she was a 4 year old. Yes she's shiny, pretty fit and a good healthy weight. A few people that have known my horse for a while here in Houston say that she looks better now than she ever has. So for all the people who have skinny old horses and blame it on their age- I call bullshit.
I also got an email from a person who seems to be the self appointed Internet ad police. They don't want to use their own email and keep using an anonymous account. They asked a few questions and I politely and honestly answered each one. They came back all pissy and snarky with name calling. Wow. That was mature of them. The way they worded things I wondered did they even read the ad???  I asked them that too. And here's an idea- if my horse is not of interest to you, close the ad and move on. Nobody made them click on her ad, so what the hell? They really got pissy over that. So when their email came in again, I read it, had a good laugh, then I blocked it and replied- Bye Felicia.   


I have gotten a few more replies to her ads and hopefully one of them will pan out. She deserves to be in a good home with more turnout than she has access to in my new boarding arrangement. If she is bred and produces some nice foals, then great. I had her checked out for that and she's ready to go.  For those of you who spotted her right hind- That is her cellulitis that flares up now and then. It happened to be a little puffed up that day and is one of the results of Harvey- because she chose to stand in knee deep water, than on higher, drier ground. One of the reasons she could use more turnout. The stall does her no favors on this.A pic of one of the girls at the old barn riding her.

3 comments:

  1. She looks great! I agree advertising is a pain, the online tire kickers and trolls are astounding in their numbers, but a good horse will find a good home if you are patient

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck wading through the crazies and finding her a lovely new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. If anything it's kind of entertaining. I'm sure we all have our tales to tell of the nutters and loons that shouldn't even have a pet rock. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete