Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Goals

If you've been reading here for a while, you know I'm not all that great at setting goals. At least not as far as typing or writing them out- short or long term. I tend to fly by the seat of my pants and go with the flow.

I have ideas of what I would like to do, things I would like to accomplish, places I would like to go and so on. I guess if I never say them out loud or put them in writing, it's easier to let go of things when life doesn't go as planned. Nobody knew so if it didn't happen- no accountability, just missed opportunity.

This year I set out with some pretty hefty personal goals in mind. One of them being a No Buy Year. I had no idea this was even a thing. Seriously. I had decided towards the end of last year that I had gotten a little spendy and buying all the things, so I was going to cut back and rein it in.

I had bought a few things at the end of the year so they don't count. As they come in I check them off and move on. There was one purchase I made after the year had started, but it was totally worth it. I think it happened on a Treat Yo' Self Tuesday-

The price was right

I will still buy feed for the ponies, pay the farrier and vet as needed, wormers, etc. but no more tack. Period. Not even consignment, not even a 'great deal', nope. Not gonna happen. I've got everything I need already. The only exception will be if I need to replace my helmet or if a turnout blanket gets torn beyond repair....

Another thing I am trying to work on is Me. One of the main things being posture. When I ride I have learned to sit up straight. Sitting at my desk at work- not so much. I have made a conscious effort to correct that. When I sit up straight my back hurts less. Win-Win right? Another part of this is exercising more. Core work helps posture so I need to do more of that. Dropping a few pounds will also help and they won't be missed at all.

There are a few other things I'm working on and I will let everyone in on them when I'm ready to put it out in the open. For now I'm working thru things and I will also be selling off some stuff I don't need anymore or use. When I get pics of all of it, I will gladly post them with a price and description. Bloggers here will get first crack at it all.

4 comments:

  1. Posture is crazy important but its definitely hard to keep the mind on it at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully good posture gets to the point it's like breathing. We just do it without much thought.

      Delete
  2. I miss reading TWGH; I'm always happy to see you've posted. Amazing how much better we feel when we do make proper posture a part of life! I watch myself, correct myself, whatever I'm doing, the same as I check myself in the saddle; I'm convinced this is how I will age more gracefully. My G-ma had a 'dowager's hump'... good god, I don't want one of those! Shoulders back, core muscles engaged. I also do a lot of kegels, because who wants to end up peeing when they laugh/cry/stand up, right? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do what we can to offset the effects of aging. Getting old is for the birds.

      Delete