Monday, September 7, 2020

Creds vs Drama

Now that everyone has seen what I was talking about and how clueless 'trainer k' is, she went online to throw herself a pity party and try to gain the sympathy vote. Her and her little group of keyboard jockey, so called 'friends' are going at it, making threats and telling her to do stuff to other horses in the barn to "teach them (the owners) a lesson" and "see how they like it".... Of course the details of these were done thru PM so it could supposedly go under the radar. *sigh* 

Naturally she tried to throw me under the bus and sling crap my way, because I'm one of many to blame and nothing is ever possibly her fault. LMAO! Like anyone would be immune to her tantrum? Please. *eyeroll*  Besides, we all know that when people like her can't possibly create anything to compare- they have to talk smack and bring others down, hoping to build themselves up. Sounds a lot like someone else I once knew. 

Since I drive Kat and have been working with a pony at the barn that's starting to drive- one of her so called friends Donna took a shot at me. "If you want I'll show up at the barn and have words with this aSs person and show her in 1 lesson How to cart train a horse."   I'm still laughing at this womans blatantly glaring display of ignorance. 

We all know it takes more than one lesson to train a horse to do anything, let alone do it well. Even the really smart and talented horses don't come out on the other side knowing all things after just one ride. What is the saying about improving each days training by 1% and after 100 days the horse should be fully trained??? We know that doesn't happen either. If it did-> the dressage divas would all be riding Prix St George in nothing flat. Reiners would all be in the $5M club and there would be a whole bunch of winners in- pick your equine sport here. Plain and simple- training takes time and while some horses learn quicker than others- it still all takes time. 

I know my own personal level of knowledge, talent and skills. I know what I have accomplished on my own in the riding and driving worlds with no trainer, no lessons and a lot of sweat equity put into it. No blood or tears because it ain't nothing to sneeze at or cry over and blood Never looks good on the resumé. It just don't. *

For those who don't know- my first driving show, Kat and I won the reinsmanship class over a friend of mine and 2 other seasoned competitors- one of which I found out 3 months later had been long listed by USEF. Then a few years later we showed under Paul Sidwell, (well known and highly respected international driving judge) and then again under him 3 months later with our scores improved by 10 points. Again- all with no trainer, no lessons and showing Kat as a stallion. 

If you follow my driving blog, that was several years ago and at the time, I mentioned winning the class, then later when I found out about the USEF long list-> congratulated the lady for her accomplishment.  This post is the first time I have ever spelled it all out. After explaining all of this to a friend of mine at the barn (who knows not of this blog) she just said "Wow! I had No idea about any of that. Zero! You could be such a snob! Lol" 

Another friend of mine that ran in the same circles as a Lot of the really Big Names in the equestrian world told me one time "You should drop names and 'post your creds' letting them know where you get your information from." She was a bit surprised when I told her I wouldn't for 2 reasons. 1) Her cred's, accomplishments and the people she knows aren't my story to tell. They're not and I can totally respect her privacy. 2) F that! I don't need to post who I know to impress anyone. They can see What I know by how my horses look and work and if it isn't obvious to them that way, they probably don't deserve my time or attention anyways. She agreed and laughed it off. 

All things considered, I have been very fortunate to have gotten to compete alongside other drivers like that and show under judges like Paul and so many others of his peers. I worked hard for it, earned my placings and think it's pretty damned cool. For the record- Paul and several of the other driving judges I shown under in AZ at the various shows, CDE's and ADT's- were ALL down to earth, easy to talk to, helpful with tips and advice and a great group of people to be around. 

Getting back to the point- after taking the pony to the local public arena and driving her and working on Prelim level stuff (she handled it all really well!), it has become a joke that I need to call Donna and see if she can teach me **all the things**  in one lesson. I'm betting she would likely show me all the things what NOT to do.  BTW- The pony has been doing Amazing! and has had less than 10 drives to date.

* The part about blood on a resumé... Apparently this girl took in a mare for retirement. Instead of giving the mare an easy life as promised- she started using her for lessons (which wasn't in the agreement) and 7 months later the mare is dead. Story is- she wouldn't tell the previous owner anything about what happened resulting in the mares death. That's not cool. 

The midnight move-out I mentioned in the previous post came after the barn owner notified a previous owner of one of 'trainer k's' horses that the horse was for sale. The 'trainer' had gotten the mare thru a contract sale with a first right of refusal- meaning if she 'trainer k' decided she didn't want to keep the horse any longer, the previous owner was to be notified and they would take the horse back. So the previous owner found out the horse is for sale, came and took the horse back and cut off all contact with the trainer. Since 'trainer k' was in the wrong, she pouted, took her toys and went home, aka- moved her operations without notice. Apparently she also took down her FB training page because of this too. That way your clients can't find you either?  Because that's what professionals do.... Lmao

Speaking of unprofessional behavior by 'trainer k', she has told a youth student who is obviously shaking and scared- "Get over it and get ON the FUCKING horse already!" 

Told another client on the phone- "I can't teach you to FUCKING ride if you never FUCKING show up!" 

Can't even pick up the correct diagonal when posting. 

Still throws water bottles at her dog. Leaves her water bottles everywhere.

Still screams at her horses and still doesn't have a clue and according to one of the previous barn owners- she is a theif, has a bad temper and is abusive to her animals. 

Yeah I have nothing to worry about. My horses and those I work with speaks for themselves. 

6 comments:

  1. Actually, with this chick, I would worry about my 'stuff', with her around. I am so glad I have my own property so I never have to worry about this crap. I have two that went to a trainer I trusted that now have issues. One almost cut her tongue off when he tied her incorrectly, and the other put his leg through the stall wall and cut his right hind to the tendon sheath on the fetlock on both sides. No more hiring of trainers for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have recently moved barns and don't have to worry about this so-called trainer anymore. Sorry to hear about your two horses. Did the trainer apologize or offer to do anything towards your horses injuries while under their care? That's terrible and I can understand your apprehension.

      Delete
    2. Got nothing from the trainer except him telling me how lucky I was that my mare didn't lose her tongue. Took me 2 years to get her back to where she was before him...sigh. He's now in New Hampshire teaching 'natural horsemanship' with cable tiedowns, go figure.

      Delete
    3. I am so sorry to hear about your mare. When I work with my ponies I always keep one thing in the back of my mind and ask myself often- is there a better way?

      Many times there is. If the tack or equipment that we use or the methods in which we use them cause physical trauma mental trauma or often times both - then they're absolutely is a better way.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please fuck the merry fuck off Alarico.

    ReplyDelete