Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Finding peace

Last month I found a new barn to move the ponies to. I had been looking for something else and had a few friends looking via social media. One of them had found a place, it would cost a little more, had a few more perks (like a covered arena with good footing) and a few things that would be different... (sharing a tack room), but definitely nothing unmanageable. 

Coming down to the end of the month and I drop them a text- are we good to go? Nope. And then it happens. One of the previous boarders called to ask if I'm still moving out and if so can she have my 2 stalls? The barn she's at is just too far for her to drive (10 miles) to take care of her horses. Well since she has 2 stalls and I do too- I ask about the barn she's at? Turns out it's closer for me, board is reasonable, private feed/tack room for each stall along with lights and fans at no extra charge, the arena is a little smaller and not covered, but still a good size, the footing is good and after a rain it is rideable in a short time. The barn owner also does not allow stuff in the aisle way cluttering things up, getting in the way. 

I met with the barn owner, got all our paperwork in order and picked up the other womans two horses, took them to the 'old barn'. I grabbed all my stuff, loaded the ponies and off we went. While I still like the previous barn and all, some of the people there too and I'm welcome back at any time, I'm really liking the new place so much more. It was probably a good two weeks before I met anyone there. Talk about Low Key, laid back and NO Drama! Lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment